Aardvark Marketing Consultants Ltd are data controllers of your personal data for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
- What personal information is collected?
We may collect and process information about you including:
- your name
- your mobile telephone number
- your business email address
- What other information is collected?
- business postal address (for some businesses this may also be a home address)
- business telephone number
- business website address
- details of your visit to the website and any transactions you carry out on the website
- any other business information voluntarily provided to us by you from time to time
This information will primarily be collected from you as voluntarily provided to us, e.g. through accepting a business card at a local networking or Chamber of Commerce event or we have connected on LinkedIn, but we may also collect it from other sources where it is lawful to do so, including but not limited to, organisations or individuals you have authorised to provide information on your behalf (e.g. customers, employees, creative agency, website company).
Such information can also be combined with information from public sources for example your company website or social media account.
Information about your visit to our website is voluntarily provided through acceptance of our cookie statement.
- How is that information used?
Aardvark Marketing Consultants Ltd may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- marketing Aardvark Marketing Consultants Ltd products and services to you
- undertaking customer service surveys to ensure we continually improve our services to you
- helping us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer, for example through research, analysis and planning
- notifying you about changes to our products and services
- responding to queries from you
- responding to and addressing any claims made against us
- using cookies and traffic data as set out in section 7 below
- to comply with laws or regulations applicable to Aardvark Marketing Consultants Ltd
- maintaining records for tax, compliance with laws and other corporate purposes
To provide you with the products and services described above, we hold copies of your personal information
- In a suitably encrypted electronic format held in a cloud-based backup location
- On password protected laptops, mobile phones and iPads.
If you contact us through the website, telephone or email you will be providing us with personal information about yourself, including your email address, name and contact details, volunteered by you.
If you are browsing our website, we will not collect any information which will identify you by name unless your IP address matches information already volunteered by you. If this information matches existing data records we will collect information about which pages were visited and whether you are using browsing our website using a mobile phone, tablet or PC. We collect information using cookies and/or traffic data which uses IP addresses or other numeric identifiers, which analyse navigation and use of the website (e.g. Google analytics)
More information on cookies use is set out in section 7 below.
- How long is the information kept for?
Personal information will be retained by us for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide products and services and to maintain records as required to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements.
5. Who is personal information shared with?
We have never shared and will never share your details with any other organisation or individual unless requested to do so to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements. We may from time to time disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations, including the police and other law enforcement agencies, for the prevention and detection of fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information about customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, however this will be covered by a commercial confidentiality agreement
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us about customers will be one of the transferred assets
- We may pass your personal information to third parties in order to comply with any legal obligation (including court orders), or other agreements we have with you or to protect Aardvark Marketing Consultants Ltd rights, property and safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties
- How is personal information processed?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the requirements of the UK data protection law.
- How to update or amend personal information
You can update or amend your personal information by writing to us at The Innovation Centre, 1 Devon Way, Longbridge Technology Park, Birmingham B31 2TS.
- What rights do you have?
You have certain rights under UK data protection legislation, including the option to:
- access your personal information
- rectify your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- erase your personal information and prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other lawful ground for continuing to retain and process that information.
- These include for example:
- where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed
- where you withdraw consent
- where you object to us processing your personal information
- block or suppress processing of personal information. While we are entitled to store your personal information, we cannot further process it if you request it to be blocked
- move, transfer or port your personal information to another organisation; and
- object to the processing of your personal information:
- if processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority
- processed for direct marketing
- processed for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
To request any of the above rights, please contact us by writing to us at The Innovation Centre, 1 Devon Way, Longbridge Technology Park, Birmingham B31 2TS.
- What choices do you have?
Aardvark Marketing Consultants Ltd may use your personal information to contact you in relation to our products and services.
You may change your marketing preferences at any time by writing to us at The Innovation Centre, 1 Devon Way, Longbridge Technology Park, Birmingham B31 2TS.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of every email we send.
- Protecting personal information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
We follow the best practices recommended by the Information commissioner’s office and make every attempt to comply with the latest data protection legislation including the GDPR.
- Contact us
Last updated May 2020
Copyright © 2018 Aardvark Marketing Consultants, All rights reserved.