22nd May 2020
Outsourced service takes away all your headaches
“Aardvark Marketing create my marketing strategy and take my marketing headache away.”
Neil Bott, Director at Wilson Bott Accountants
Benefits of Aardvark outsourcing:
• Access to experienced marketing specialists for a fraction of the cost of hiring staff
• Hassle free marketing – we agree the plan and get on with it
• Flexibility – no long contractual commitments
• High return on investment (ROI) through doing the right things well
• Flexible, professional service including digital marketing, branding, websites, advertising, PR, social media, email, text SMS, client surveys, events etc.
• Business growth with improved profit margins
Wilson Bott is a small, experienced team of accountants, trusted by their clients to deliver sound business advice and a range of services including auditing, tax, management accounts, payroll and bookkeeping. They are also great to work with; friendly, helpful and approachable.
Like many professional advisors, the Wilson Bott team were experts in their field but with less experience in marketing and limited time for marketing activity. There is an element of seasonality in the business, with the January end of tax year filing deadline for many of their
There is a widespread perception amongst business owners that changing their accountant is a major hassle and many are reluctant to take the first step in moving their business. This perception holds true even when their business has grown significantly, and they need a different level of support for continued success.
Accountants occupy a crowded marketplace, so clear differentiation is critical to success.
What they needed was a trusted partner to create and deliver a consistent and professional image of the business and deliver a steady stream of new enquiries.
Aardvark Marketing have built a long-term relationship with the practice. Initially we conducted
a full marketing review including interviews with clients and a full client survey. This data helped inform the marketing strategy and plan.
Marketing activity for Wilson Bott has included:
- New branding
- New website
- SEO on the website to improve Google ranking
- Multi-touch marketing to attract new, on-profile leads
- Monthly newsletters including specific, tailored practice information
- Monthly analysis reports and review meetings for all activity, including SEO rankings
- Lead tracking to establish which marketing activities delivered the best results in terms of quality and quantity of new leads
TLA Business Services
The business owner at TLA, Mike Tombs, has long experience of accountancy and business planning at senior level in multi-national companies. A few years ago, he set up his own business as part of an accountancy franchise. The majority of his clients approached him for compliance work – setting up a business, business and personal tax, VAT and statutory
accounts and he found that he wanted to do more coaching with ambitious owners, helping them to scale up their business. As a result of this decision he exited the franchise and set up an independent practice.
The main challenge was to reposition TLA as business experts rather than just accountancy practitioners and to attract a different client base.
Mike Tombs says “We hired Aardvark Marketing because we wanted to change our service offering from compliance work to more strategic planning work. We realised that we didn’t have the skill set in house that would enable us to attract the sort of clients we wanted.”
Devise and implement a new marketing strategy for TLA.
- Review of website: content, structure, and SEO
- Program of regular informational blogs for use on website and social media accounts
- Promotion of services through social media and email marketing, including data lists and GDPR compliance
- Copywriting of a new TLA e-book about better business management
- Monthly analysis reports and review meetings for all activity
“My whole training has been in numbers and business planning and the one thing that all accountants are bad at – it’s a bit of an alien world to us – is marketing.
The thing that I really appreciate about Aardvark is that the decision making isn’t taken away from us, because we are involved in all the discussions in our regular meetings, but I’m talking to someone who actually understands the answers that are going to take us forward in our journey.
Lots of clients of ours ask us for advice in all sorts of ways – IFA’s tax planners and so on – we always have ‘go to’ people, on the marketing side absolutely it would be Aardvark.”
Mike Tombs, Owner at TLA Business Services
If you run a professional service company and would like a free and confidential chat about how we could help your business grow, contact us here or call Gill Hutchinson on 0121 222 5743.